Connecticut Foreclosure Defense Attorney
At The Woods Law Firm, LLC, our Connecticut foreclosure defense lawyers have extensive experience helping clients with their foreclosure defense matters. Our proven legal assistance has helped numerous clients save their home against foreclosure through effective tactics.
Take a proactive step. Contact us today!
Our Firm's Recent Victories
It is imperative to obtain an experienced and successful legal advocate in foreclosure defense who can offer hands-on guidance and valid legal advice.
Our firm recently helped our clients achieve the following:
- Bank of America v. Client (Connecticut Superior Court, Hartford): Bank of America brought a foreclosure action against client in 2008. Client retained The Woods Law Firm, LLC. In court proceedings spanning well over five years and thirty-four court mediation sessions, The Woods Law Firm, LLC successfully and aggressively defended client in the foreclosure action and was ultimately able to negotiate with Bank of America, resulting in Bank of America extending a loan modification to client, which enabled client to save home.
- Nationwide Advantage Mortgage v. Client (Connecticut Superior Court, Hartford): Nationwide Advantage Mortgage brought a foreclosure action against client. Client defaulted in the action and Nationwide Advantage Mortgage obtained a judgment of foreclosure against client and sought to auction client's home. Client retained The Woods Law Firm, LLC. Four days before the sale, The Woods Law Firm, LLC filed a Motion to Open and Vacate the Judgment. Attorney Woods successfully argued that the client had a meritorious defense which he should be able to pursue in the litigation of the foreclosure. The Judgment was vacated by the Court. The Woods Law Firm, LLC was further instrumental in persuading the Court to allow client to participate in mediation. Client participated in mediation, and ended up receiving a loan modification to save the home.
- Consumer Solutions 3, LLC v. Client (Connecticut Superior Court, Hartford): Consumer Solutions 3, LLC started foreclosure action against client. Client retained The Woods Law Firm, LLC. We negotiated a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure where client was able to obtain $15,000 from lender in exchange for agreeing to release a potential Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act counterclaim and vacating the premises.
- RBS Citizens Bank, N.A. v. Client (Connecticut Superior Court, New London): RBS Citizens brought foreclosure action against client, and obtained summary judgment as to liability but not to damages. Client retained The Woods Law Firm, LLC. We were able to convince the Court that mediation was appropriate in this case, and, after close to two years in the mediation program, successfully obtained a loan modification for client, enabling client to save the home.
- Central Mortgage Company v. Client (Connecticut Superior Court, New Haven): Central Mortgage Company commenced a foreclosure action against client. Client retained The Woods Law Firm, LLC. We successfully defended client in foreclosure action, allowing client to receive a loan modification and save client's home.
Call today for a case evaluation!
Accepting all major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.