SUCCESSFUL FDCPA ACTIONS FILED BY THE WOODS LAW FIRM, LLC
Tenacity and skill in litigation are essential when selecting an attorney to file an FDCPA action against a debt collector, debt buyer, or law firm collecting debts. The Woods Law Firm, LLC, has a strong record of recovering monetary damages for clients in FDCPA actions. In fact, since 2007, we have won thousands of dollars for our clients!
We have represented clients throughout Connecticut in FDCPA actions. Here are some select victories:
- Client v. CACH, LLC : Client contacted The Woods Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation regarding the collectability of a 2009 judgment entered in the Superior Court in Bridgeport. During the consultation, Attorney Woods identified numerous FDCPA violations in correspondence received by the client from CACH, LLC, a debt buyer in Denver, Colorado. The Woods Law Firm, LLC promptly filed suit. The case settled in client's favor, with client receiving monetary damages and a release of the underlying debt which exceeded $13,000.00. Thanks to The Woods Law Firm, LLC's free consultation and advancement of the court filing fee, the client received monetary damages and total debt relief.
- Client v. GC Services : Client contacted The Woods Law Firm, LLC regarding harassing telephone calls being placed to his cell phone by GC Services, a collection agency based in Houston, Texas, arising from an alleged medical debt. In one message left by GC Services, federally-mandated warnings were omitted. The Woods Law Firm, LLC served GC Services with a Summons and Complaint. The case settled before the Summons and Complaint were returned to court. Client received monetary damages and GC Services closed the file in its office.
- Client v. Integrity Solution Services: Client was being repeatedly harassed at her place of employment by Integrity Solution Services in St. Charles, Missouri concerning an alleged student loan default. Client retained The Woods Law Firm, LLC. We filed suit and the phone calls stopped! We negotiated a very favorable settlement with client receiving monetary damages and Integrity agreeing to stop calling.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC v. Client -- Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC sued our client in the Superior Court of Connecticut for an alleged Bank of America credit card debt exceeding $6,000.00. The Woods Law Firm, LLC became involved after our client had represented herself for several months. We quickly identified a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and sued Portfolio in federal district court. Portfolio quickly settled the case and erased the alleged $6,000.00 debt.
- Cavalry SPV I, LLC v. Client -- Cavalry SPV I, LLC sued our client for an alleged J. P. Morgan Chase credit card debt which was over $7,000.00 in the Superior Court of Connecticut. The Woods Law Firm, LLC reviewed the file and discovered that the client, who lives in North Carolina, was sued in the wrong state violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. We were able to secure a fast resolution after serving Cavalry with a lawsuit. The case settled and the $7,000.00 debt was wiped out.
- Client v. Credit Management Corporation, Inc. : Credit Management Corporation, Inc., based in Connecticut, filed an application for wage garnishment as a result of a small claims judgment rendered in 2004. Client contacted The Woods Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation. We filed papers to stop the wage garnishment and then we served Credit Management Corporation, Inc. with a Summons and Complaint for violating the FDCPA and the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act (CUTPA). We successfully negotiated a settlement where the client received monetary damages and debt relief.
- Client v. American Adjustment Bureau, Inc .: American Adjustment Bureau, Inc., based in Waterbury, Connecticut, began demanding payment from client of a disputed medical bill owed to a Connecticut hospital. Client, a victim of identity theft, contacted The Woods Law Firm, LLC. We stopped the collection activity. In the course of researching the client's case, we discovered an FDCPA violation. We filed suit and successfully settled the case with the client receiving full statutory damages.
- Client v. Balanced Healthcare Receivables, LLC.: Balanced Healthcare Receivables, LLC contacted our client demanding payment for an allegedly delinquent medical bill on numerous ocassions, including harassing calls to client's place of employment. We got the calls to stop and filed suit in U. S. District Court. The case settled, with the client receiving full statutory damages under the FDCPA.
- Client v. Fair Collections and Outsourcing of New England, Inc.: Client was receiving harassing telephone calls from Fair Collections and Outsourcing of New England, Inc. regarding a debt that did not belong to him. When client pulled his credit report, he discovered that FCO was reporting the alleged debt (which belonged to someone else). The Woods Law Firm, LLC filed suit against FCO. The suit settled quickly, with the negative credit reporting being deleted from client's credit report and client receiving full statutory damages.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC v. Client -- Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC sued our client and obtained a default judgment in 2010 for over $8,000.00. In 2015, Portfolio filed a bank execution and garnished over $1,600.00 from the client's bank account. The Woods Law Firm, LLC was retained. We quickly identified a possible FDCPA violation, and, when threatened with suit, Portfolio vacated the Judgment, withdrew the action, and agreed not to pursue the debt. In addition, the client's $1,600.00, taken as part of the bank execution, was returned.
- Cavalry SPV I, LLC v. Client -- Cavalry SPV I, LLC sued our client for an alleged Bank of America credit card debt, totaling over $13,000.00 in the Superior Court of Connecticut. The Woods Law Firm, LLC reviewed the Complaint and discovered a glaring FDCPA violation. We obtained a fast settlement after filing suit in federal court against Cavalry. The case quickly resolved and the entire $13,000.00 debt was forgiven.
CALL TODAY FOR A FREE LEGAL CONSULTATION!
Finding out how our team could help you achieve a successful result to your case is absolutely free.Call The Woods Law Firm, LLC today and schedule your complimentary, no-obligation case evaluation with our Connecticut FDCPA attorney. Obtain the representation you need. Take action now!