Many credit reports contain errors. Before we can attempt to fix them, we must identify them.
Some of the common mistakes that are made by credit reporting agencies are:
- Reporting information related to identity theft
- Illegally re-aging debt tradelines
- Information that has been improperly merged
- Discrepancies among credit reporting agencies
- Delinquencies that are reported longer than seven years
While it is possible for a consumer to dispute inaccurate information with a credit reporting agency such as Experian, Equifax, or Transunion, it is important to bear in mind that the credit reporting agencies are paid by creditors to report information. As such, there is likely a tendency to disregard consumer credit disputes.
At The Woods Law Firm, LLC, we understand the credit reporting process and know what items to challenge in a credit report. The Fair Credit Reporting Act regulates the reporting of credit information and mandates that a credit reporting agency must complete a reasonable investigation when a dispute is received.
Contact us today at (866) 790-5970 for a free case evaluation!