If you are being sued by a debt buyer such as Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC or Midland Funding, LLC, our firm has the ability to fight for your rights throughout the duration of your case. We stand with you and do not back down. Several debt defenses may be available to you depending on your situation.
Affirmative defenses can be filed in answer to the complaint, including reasons such as:
- Statute of limitations has expired
- A challenge that you are the party legally responsible for the debt sued upon
- Lack of standing to sue
- The presence of a contractual arbitration provision
- Lack of personal jurisdiction
- Failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted
- Invalid service of the complaint
We provide personalized representation to each of our clients throughout Connecticut who needs strong legal guidance handling a case. We can pursue a negotiated settlement with creditors and aggressively defend your rights in court. Call (860) 999-9757 today to get started!